Of course you don’t need a real estate agent to buy or sell a house; you can do it yourself. But do you want to shoot yourself in the foot and get less for your efforts? You are not a bonafide agent, you do not know the ins and outs of real estate the way an agent does. We have all heard the old expression: a person who represents himself has a fool for a client. This applies mostly to defendants in court. Here are some of the reasons you need a qualified real estate agent Sydney or property manager with a state/provincial license to act in your behalf.
- An agent has ready-made buyers and sellers on his books and can recommend properties.
- He has been in the business for a long time and is a seasoned individual who knows how to evaluate properties and set a buying or selling price. Clients always want to sit with a calculator and see how the numbers work. Can they afford it? Should they buy now with property prices at their lowest?
- Good property managers know all the ins and outs of the real estate business; he can answer questions on tax, insurance, loans, mortgages, foreclosures and anything else a client needs to know.
- He can give you advice or suggest small touches or renovations which might give your home a fresh new look and get more people interested in seeing it. Sometimes a slap of paint in the bathroom and removing old carpeting in the hallway can turn the house from dowdy to showroom material.
- He can call on other property management Brisbane who may have buyers on their books and share the commission; a shared commission is better than no commission at all.
- He meets clients face to face and knows what is going on in the neighborhood. He has a wealth of real estate information at hand and can help the client apply for a loan or a bond.
- People who are serious in property management pay out of his own pocket to keep in touch with clients by sending regular birthday and Christmas cards. A lot of sales come to the agent as a result of talking to people on the street, meeting new neighbors, and always being in touch.
- Real estate agents pound pavements to get the client the property he or she wants. They make deals with fellow agents, increase or reduce commissions and will do anything to make a sale. Remember, just one sale, depending on the property, can keep a family afloat for a month.
- A talented agent knows his way around words and knows what features to point out. Having said all of the above, do you still want to do it on your own? Go online for more information.